Picture

These paleo pancakes are light and fluffy. The coconut flour and banana give these pancakes a fresh and delicious flavor. With making these, I found that it is important to let the eggs warm up to room temperature. I believe it helps with the fluffiness. Don't get discouraged when flipping these bad boys, because the batter is a bit delicate. I recommend coating the spatula with a little coconut oil before flipping to help it slide under the cakes!

Difficulty: Easy

Prep Time: 5 min.  Cook Time: 10 min  Total Time: 15 min.

Macros: 500 calories for pancake recipe. (makes approx. 4-6 pancakes)
Fat-24g/Carbs-12g/Protein-28g/ Fiber-11g

Pancake Ingredients:

4 eggs at room temperature
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 banana mashed
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda

Topping:

1/2 banana sliced
Maple syrup
Grass-fed butter

Directions:

1.) Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.

2.) Pour palm size dollops of batter into a pan over medium heat and cook with coconut oil or non stick cooking spray for 3-5 minutes. Be careful when flipping, the pancake batter is fragile. Should make about 4-6 smaller pancakes.

3.) Top pancakes with the other 1/2 of sliced banana, pure maple syrup, and grass fed butter.

Picture
Make sure eggs are room temperature!
Picture
Thick golden batter!
Picture
Place all ingredients together!
Picture
Light and fluffy paleo pancakes!

Comments

d ferguson
09/16/2013 6:46am

"This is the first new stamp of my health conscious line of food recipes. Whenever you see this stamp on a dish or recipe, then you will no it is paleo. I enjoy catering to the likes and styles of eating that different people have. Hope you enjoy the design!"

I like the design, just a grammar check- it's "know" not "no". feel free to delete this comment and have a great day!

Rachel
03/02/2014 8:22am

I read through the comments and noticed some questions regarding ingredients that are not in the recipe. Then toward the end several comments that were stating that this is not the original recipe. Can you post the original recipe? I would like to try these but with the price of coconut flour I am not willing to waste it if these do not turn out right. Thank you.

Valarie
09/19/2013 1:16pm

I forgot the Baking Soda in the first batch..then did a second. I liked them better without the Baking Soda. Very Fluffy! Best Pancake Recipe I've found! Thanks!

laurel
09/20/2013 9:48pm

nice thanks

Tanya T
09/20/2013 9:49pm

Made these this morning. Mine weren't as fluffy as these, but then I'm not a great cook, nothing of mine turn out like the pictures. I think I made the first two too small, the larger ones were fluffier. I also found I could taste the baking soda. Otherwise, very easy to make. Thank you for sharing the recipe.

Debbie
01/23/2014 10:46am

Try using baking powder next time instead of baking soda. Since there's not an acid in the mixture the baking powder should really be used.

Lauren Amato
09/21/2013 1:12pm

They look delish! Can't wait to try them, thanks for posting.
~Lori

Kailee Parmer
09/22/2013 7:57pm

How much milk would I have to put in to incorporate 1 or 2 eggs or just egg whites ?

Lauren Amato
09/23/2013 6:04am

Made them this morning! Very fluffy and VERY tasty. I was afraid of a very coconut taste but there really isn't one. I added a touch of cinnamon to mine (I love cinnamon in my banana pancakes). Very good indeed and thanks again!

Ashley
10/19/2013 9:26am

We just finished a couple batches of these for my family of five! Thank you for such a wonderful recipe. My kids are adjusting to GF/paleo foods and they have really missed good pancakes. These just became our new weekend breakfast. Awesome, awesome - ten thumbs way up.

Dennis Andrei
10/19/2013 5:37pm

Absolutely love your web site and instagram page! Is there a tab or a place where you keep all your paleo diet recipes? if not, that would be a GREAT extension to your already fantastic page.

Kristin
12/07/2013 2:41pm

I have a nut allergy. Could I use soy milk instead of the almond milk?

kuffer
12/29/2013 7:32am

Love the pancake recipe. Best recipe that I have tried!

Emily
01/02/2014 9:17pm

Amazing recipe! Added fresh blueberries to mine!

Lisa
01/04/2014 10:06am

Tony these are SUPER pancakes! Mine turned out just like your photo and tasted great! Only warning to others is to start the heat off lower than you might think (med-low) as the outside might brown/burn before the insides are cooked. Thanks for the recipe!

Cindy
01/05/2014 6:55am

Tony, wonderful recipe, loved them,thanks for sharing!

Collene
01/07/2014 7:33am

Fantastic. Made these today. Drizzled with a lil honey and was in paleo heaven. I may try mixing pecans n the mix next time or just on top eith the top. Great recipe

Melissa
01/11/2014 9:29am

Mine turned out more eggy than fluffy. Suggestions?

Kourtney
01/16/2014 4:51pm

are these 540 calories per pancake or for all four?

K s
01/19/2014 9:52pm

it seems very thick for pancakes mixture, do I have bigger cup, not sure but I added one more egg white and spoon of milk, not so good as I was hoping ..

June
01/20/2014 12:06pm

More so egg cakes than pancakes. I left out the baking soda hoping it would make them more fluffy. Nope!

Sarah
01/21/2014 1:16pm

Pretty good with peanutbutter and honey!

Barbie
01/23/2014 9:30am

I am not new to paleo, or cooking and baking, but I'm new to almond flour and coconut flour. If a recipe calls for one, like this recipe calls for coconut flour, will it be about the same if I use almond flour? I just picked some up yesterday. I don't believe our grocery store has the coconut flour, and it's quite a drive to get other places that would. So just curious. Thanks!

Liz
01/24/2014 10:56am

I have the same question as Barbie!

Lisa
01/31/2014 7:37am

Not the same at all. Coconut flour is not equivalent to other flours and is EXTREMELY absorbent. http://nourishedkitchen.com/baking-with-coconut-flour/

01/23/2014 7:50pm

If I were to sub the eggs for flaxseed eggs, do you know how much extra liquid I'd add ?

SSevere
01/30/2014 9:17am

They look wonderful. Think I'll add a bit if puréed pumpkin as I love pumpkin pancakes! Thx for sharing!

02/07/2014 3:53am

Hi there! Found you on Pinterest and thought these looked lovely! I have been making my breakfast pancakes with ground almonds recently to remove the carbs. I don't have any coconut flour but will try these when I get some. If you are interested in seeing my breakfast pancake recipe then take a look...http://freefromfairy.com/2013/06/gluten-free-and-dairy-free-breakfast-pancakes.html

Hayley
02/12/2014 7:08am

This is not the original pancake recipe you posted. I have been making these every week for the past month and I went to make them today only to see that the recipe has been changed. There was only 1/2 banana, 1/4 cup coconut flour added to the 4 eggs in the original recipe. The recipe did not work, the batter ended up way too thick and the pancakes were grainy from all the coconut flour. Also there was never any cinnamon and the maple syrup seems like an unnecessary addition. If you wanted to change the recipe why didn't you just put it in a new post? I am confused. I miss the old one and wish I wrote it down.

Cathy multer
02/12/2014 7:15am

I made these pancakes and they are not as good as the original ones. They were so thick I had to add more milk. I felt the other ones were more healthy. Please add the older post so I can make them again. Thanks...

morgann
02/18/2014 3:53pm

can you use egg beaters? (egg sub)

goosehound
02/23/2014 10:30am

Absolute shit

Blacksheep20142@Gmail.com
02/25/2014 4:31am

I'm with you I need all the help I can get! Back fat!